- Chicago Bears general manager candidate Glenn Cook has been with the Cleveland Browns since 2016.
- Former Bears player Desmond Clark is scheduled to be among ex-players signing autographs at the vaccination clinic in Englewood.
- Take a look at Chicago Bears head coaching candidate Doug Pederson, who was interviewing Wednesday.
- As the search to find the next coach of the Chicago Bears begins, here’s a look back at when each of the team’s previous 16 coaches were introduced by team management.
- The Bears have requested an interview with Pittsburgh Steelers vice president of football and business administration Omar Khan and New England Patriots senior consultant Eliot Wolf.
- Soldier Field, which is owned by the Chicago Park District, holds 61,500 fans, the smallest capacity in the NFL. Here’s what to know about the possible stadium move, with reaction from City Hall to Arlington Heights.
- Chicago Bears Chairman George McCaskey said there is “a lot of due diligence that needs to be performed before we can close” on the Arlington Heights property for a potential new stadium.
- For some inside Halas Hall, Monday's divulgence that Bill Polian had been in the shadows helping George McCaskey and Ted Phillips perform a necessary evaluation of the Chicago Bears’ failures was both surprising and bothersome.
Bears and Arlington Heights
- Hours after informing Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy they had been fired, Chicago Bears Chairman George McCaskey promised the search to replace them “will result in the best possible selections to lead the Bears to success.”
- Chicago Bears Chairman George McCaskey was combative, condescending and constantly "Bears-splaining," speaking to a skeptical audience to explain the firings of GM Ryan Pace and coach Matt Nagy.
- While the move to fire Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy was expected as the losses piled up in his fourth season, GM Ryan Pace’s fate after seven years in his role seemed less clear over the last month.
- On a busy day for the Chicago Bears, Chairman George McCaskey chose a strange battle at an even stranger time when he insinuated that Olin Kreutz lied while revealing that the Bears offered the beloved former center a part-time position in 2018 for $15 per hour.
- With a chance to establish a new direction and reinvigorate the masses after dismissing Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace, Chicago Bears Chairman George McCaskey instead told the outside world he’s just a fan running one of the most tradition-rich franchises in sports.
- Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy ended his fourth season with the team with a 34-31 record. Here’s a look back at how Nagy’s coaching record stacks up with 15 former Bears coaches.
- After Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy and GM Ryan Pace were fired Monday, players are turning the page with a combination of sadness and motivation.
Most read in sports
Get 20% off the second edition history book now.
Bears photo galleries
- There have been only 16 head coaches in the 100-plus-year history of the Chicago Bears, some significantly more successful than others. Either way, the Bears never have fired a coach midseason — nice work if you can get it.
- Who will be the next general manager of the Chicago Bears? The franchise is hiring its fourth GM in Chairman George McCaskey’s 12th season.
- The Chicago Bears are in the market for a new head coach. Here’s a look back at Matt Nagy’s Bears career.
- The NFL postseason will feature seven teams that missed the playoffs last season: the Arizona Cardinals, Cincinnati Bengals, Dallas Cowboys, Las Vegas Raiders, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers.
- 10 thoughts after the Chicago Bears lost for the ninth time in their last 12 games, finishing the 2021 season at 6-11 with a 31-17 loss to the Minnesota Vikings at U.S. Bank Stadium.
- Chicago Bears wide receiver Darnell Mooney’s big performance in the loss to the Minnesota Vikings was among three significant takeaways from the game between two losing teams that missed the playoffs.
- The Chicago Bears' unraveling in a 31-17 loss to the Minnesota Vikings came in what in all likelihood was Matt Nagy’s swan song as Bears coach. But now Chicago must wait to learn what general manager Ryan Pace’s fate is too.
- The Chicago Bears added a few more maddening moments to a season filled with them as they went into the offseason with a 31-17 loss to the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium.
- How did Chicago Bears QB Justin Fields fare in his rookie season? He missed five of the Bears’ final seven games, and the Bears went 2-8 in the games Fields started.
- The Chicago Bears' mediocre results, in large part because of Matt Nagy’s inability to run a thriving offense and boost his quarterbacks’ play, mean the Bears very well could be introducing a new head coach in the weeks to come.
- Is this the end of the road for Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy? What's causing the "what might have been" reflection from quarterback Andy Dalton? What's ahead in the Jaylon Johnson versus Justin Jefferson showdown? Five things to keep an eye on in Sunday's season finale.
- A year after championing “collaboration” at Halas Hall, there is a growing sense in NFL circles that Chicago Bears GM Ryan Pace will stay — possibly with a promotion — while Matt Nagy will be fired after Sunday’s game.